Looking after the environment and being sustainable in the way we work is incredibly important. Here at Gunwharf Quays, we are committed to make changes which reduce our impact on the environment, and we are constantly looking at improving the way we work, with this end goal in mind.
Here are just a few of the ways that we have already started to make a difference:
- In October 2018, Gunwharf Quays was the first Landsec property to launch coffee cup recycling. The initiative has been a great success and up until May 31st 2019, we have redirected 139,181 cups from our general waste stream for recycling.
- 100% of the electricity purchased by Gunwharf Quays is renewable, coming from sources such as wind and solar (it powers public lighting, lifts, escalators, car parks etc).
- We have 872 Solar panels installed on the Centre’s roof’s.
- 15% of the gas purchased by Gunwharf Quays is biogas and is used by many of the restaurants on site for cooking.
- Last year we reduced our electricity consumption by 8%, the same amount to power 85 average homes for a year.
- Last year we recycled and reused 84% of all the waste produced on site, with zero waste to landfill.
- 6 of our retailers are signed up to our Refill Me campaign, offering you free refills of water with no need to make a purchase.
- As part of our biodiversity program we have created a meadow and planted 200sqm of wildflowers and installed two hibernaculum’s for bugs and insects.