Can't get enough of their marvellously moreish Rhubarb & Custard hot chocolate? Neither can we – so Digital Trading and Optimisation Executive Amelia, aka the Whittard Baking Whiz, put on her pinny and got creative with this fabulously pink powder...
And that's not all, right now you can get 4 flavours of Whittard of Chelsea hot chocolate for just £20!
400g tinned or fresh rhubarb, cut into 2cm lengths
225g caster sugar
250g butter, softened
175g self-raising flour
80g Rhubarb & Custard hot chocolate powder
100g ground almonds
500g ready-made or homemade custard
Extra sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Skip this step if using tinned rhubarb. For fresh rhubarb, pat it dry, place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and sprinkle with 25g of caster sugar. Bake in the oven at 220°C for 40–45 minutes until it starts to caramelise. Leave to cool.
- Line a 28x22cm baking tin with baking paper and reduce the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, cream the butter, remaining caster sugar, flour, hot chocolate powder, eggs, ground almonds and 100g of custard until fluffy – it should be a lovely pink colour.
- Stir through the rhubarb.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- With a spoon, make some wells in the mixture and pour the rest of the custard into them.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the custard is set on top and the cake is golden and firm to touch.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar and tuck in!