DENBY Chocolate Week Recipes: Chocolate and Vanilla Truffles
The Healthy Twists duo have created this deliciously indulgent chocolate and vanilla truffle recipe
For about 10 truffles
- 100g 70%+ dark chocolate
- 50ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the truffle coating:
- A handful of pistachios, crushed
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- Finely chop the chocolate and add to a glass bowl with the vanilla extract, coconut cream and coconut oil.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of just boiling water (a bain-marie) and stir until the chocolate has melted and all the ingredients have combined.
- Leave to cool then cover the bowl and place in the fridge for up to 11⁄2 hours – remove before the chocolate sets firmly.
- Meanwhile, pulse the pistachios in a blender until they form a crumb. Place in a bowl and set to one-side.
- Using two teaspoons, scoop out some of the chocolate truffle mixture and roughly shape into balls using either the teaspoons or the palms of your hands.
- Put the truffle into the crushed pistachios and roll until lightly coated. Set to one-side and repeat until you have used all of the truffle mixture. Alternatively, dust some of the truffles in cacao powder. Return to the fridge to chill. Serve on a Denby rectangular platter
- Store the truffles in the fridge and eat within 4 days.